Key Strategic Aims
We have developed a set of strategic
aims which are informed by leading strategies and underpinned by
- Develop innovative, inclusive and high quality teaching,
learning and assessment practices that actively engage students and
lead to an exceptional learning experience for students and
- Develop a strong, vibrant and sustainable research culture that
informs our teaching, inspires our students and staff, enables
research excellence, and enhances our academic reputation.
- Build our reputation in the international community so that we
are recognised as a quality University that develops staff and
produces graduates with skills for life and work in the global
- Provide opportunities for all students to develop the
employability and enterprise skills they need to achieve their
- Achieve University recruitment and widening participation
- Provide high quality, integrated and evidence-based student
- Enhance the communication of the brand and profile of the
University, increasing our reputation for exceptionality in
learning and teaching, the student experience and for quality
- Provide an inclusive environment that promotes equality and
- Provide inspiring and sustainable environments and facilities
that enhance the student and staff experience.
- Become an exemplar of best practice within the sector and City
by reducing our environmental impact.
- Ensure that our financial strategy underpins our corporate
aspirations, aligns resources to our strategic plan and enhances
- Be a good employer that values, develops and engages its
employees. 13. Provide accessible and resilient ICT and Library
services that enhance communication, business systems and
information discovery of students and staff.
Teaching and Assessment »