Learning, Teaching and Assessment
Develop innovative, inclusive and high quality teaching,
learning and assessment practices that actively engage students and
lead to an exceptional learning experience for students and
Key Objectives for 2012-15:
- Provide high quality,
- Provide an academic portfolio that is
challenging, exciting and attractive to students.
- Provide an innovative curriculum that
is inclusive and supportive of diversity.
- Ensure students have successful
academic transitions into, across and out of Higher Education.
- Promote a collaborative learning
environment that encourages staff and students to engage in
- Promote an emphasis on assessment for
learning whilst maintaining the quality of assessment of
- Continuously enhance students’
engagement with their studies and extra-curricular
- Embed employability and enterprise
skills through work-based learning opportunities and
- Make best use of technology enhanced
- Provide high quality development
opportunities to enable staff to deliver exceptional learning,
teaching and assessment practices.
“York St John University has an excellent reputation for the
quality of its curriculum and delivery, informed by research. Our
teaching and learning activity is built on a collaborative learning
approach which ensures a strong and inclusive academic and student
Professor David Maughan
Deputy Vice Chancellor