Our Values and Principles
York St John has at its heart a set of
values and principles which underpin its behaviour and strategic
The University is:
- Proud of and celebrates its history, heritage, environment and
- Determined to be a vibrant learning community for staff and
- Inclusive and accessible.
- A learning organisation promoting lifelong learning through
partnership and collaboration.
- Student centred, placing student success and fulfilment at the
centre of all its endeavours.
- A good employer that values, develops and engages its
- Committed to transforming students through education and
experience to equip them to strengthen future society.
- Professional and relevant in all that it does with due regard
to its impact on the environment.
- Committed to enhancing the cultural, social and intellectual
life of our local, regional and international communities.
- Led by evidenced-based evaluation and assessment for continuous
- Committed to using technology as a fundamental tool to achieve
educational quality, creativity and organisational efficiency.
- Committed to ensuring its long term sustainability through
robust academic and financial planning.
Employees of York St John uphold and
respect the University’s Values and Principles and in so doing
share responsibility for, and take pride in, the community and