Develop a strong, vibrant and sustainable research culture that
informs our teaching, inspires our students and staff, enables
research excellence, and enhances our academic reputation.
Key Objectives for 2012-15:
- Promote research as a key form of
- Ensure that high quality research and
scholarly activity contribute to exceptional learning and teaching
in all subject areas.
- Create a critical mass of sustainable
research and increase the percentage of staff with Doctorates.
- Achieve Research Degree Awarding
Powers, with increasing numbers of research students and high
- Engage with and influence users of
research, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Increase research activity through
effective research management, tied to work systems and student
is an important period for York St John University as we work
towards achieving Research Degree Awarding Powers. We have
established a wide range of research activity in each faculty and a
thriving staff and student research culture.”
Professor Julian Stern
Dean of Faculty of
Education & Theology