Mature Learners are strongly represented
within the University community.
However at York St John we are seeking to raise the
representation of mature students who are returning to
education who have not had previous experience of Higher
Education. (A mature student is anyone over 21 years of age and we
do not have an upper age limit for students to come to study).
Mature Learner Twilight Information Sessions
We are currently running twilight Mature Learners
Information sessions, led by Mature students themselves. This is
also an opportunity to meet other mature learners to discuss
how they have approached study later in life.
There is an opportunity to have your questions answered and
increase your understanding of the application process into Higher
Education. Also there is an opportunity to tour the campus, view
the learning resources of the University and to find out
what the next step is.
As an example of some of the questions raised at this years
Mature Learners Information sessions we can help you find out
- What support is available for returning to learning
- How much time is spent on campus
- What career planning support you will receive over your
- For assignments , how computer confident you need to
- The minimum number of modules you need to study each year
- and how you can use existing modules from elsewhere and may be
able to be accredited for them in your York St John University
Make your first step towards returning to learning by coming to
For more information, session dates and to
book please click