Organise Your Own Reunion
addition to the University's programme of reunions and events,
you may wish to organise your own reunion.
We have put together the following guidelines to help you
get started with your reunion planning:
1. Who do you want to reunite?
- Is it a particular year group?
- A group of people from a certain course?
- Do you want to celebrate a particular milestone, or just get a
group of friends together?
2. What type of event do you want to have?
- Do you want to visit campus? Have a campus tour?
- What about catering - drinks? lunch? dinner?
- Relive old times in the Students' Union?
- Do you want to arrange overnight accommodation on or off
- Do you want to hold the event off campus?
- Please contact us with your thoughts and we will be happy to
discuss these with you and support you in putting
together your programme.
- Please note: all bookings on campus are
subject to availability - campus accommodation is only
available during the Summer and the SU can only be booked out of
term time, subject to availability.
3. When will you hold the event?
- Choose a date, bearing in mind you need time to organise the
event and your invitees will need sufficient notice. We would
recommend starting to plan a minimum of 6 months prior to your
- Take into consideration school and bank holidays.
- See above for restrictions on campus availability.
- Bear in mind any costs associated with the event. Work
out a budget and decide how any payments will be made to
- As the organiser you will be liable for all costs
5. How do I get in touch with people?
- Get together all the names and contact details you already
have. Get in touch with us and we can advise what details we
hold for the group of people you want to contact. Please
note we do not give out personal contact details, but we will
contact Alumni with an invitation/message from you asking them
to contact you directly.
- We can publicise your event on our webpages; facebook page
and on twitter.
- You can set up your own facebook page.
- Check out Friends Reunited/LinkedIn and other websites.
- You should deal directly with your invitees as this is your
7. Prior to the event
- We are here to support you with your event, so please contact
us with any queries you have.
8. On the day
- A member of the team will be available to meet you if your
event is held on campus.
- Enjoy yourself and have a good time!
- Remember to take photos and let us have a report of your event
for our webpage.
If you would like to organise your own reunion/event, we are
very happy to help, please contact us:
T: 01904 876432/6741
We look forward to hearing from you!