What a Buddy is, What a Buddy isn't
A Buddy is
- An informal point of contact.
- Someone who will give you encouragement in an informal
- Someone who will reflect on their experiences at university and
give you informal hints and tips on a wide range of elements to do
with life in York and at University.
- There to help you build confidence, encourage and advise you on
social integration and give support to you on a flexible
- Someone who will support you in recognising and achieving goals
in your first semester at YSJ.
A Buddy isn't
- A counsellor.
- A careers advisor.
- A replacement for services, such as advice on finance or
- A tutor or someone who will proof read assignments and
Whilst your Buddy does not provide these services they will be
happy to point you in the right direction should you
need support with any aspects of University life that they are
unable to deal with directly.