What can I expect from my Buddy or Mentee?
Whilst we hope that everyone who is part of the
scheme will benefit from it there are some limitations as to what
the scheme can cover. For any buddying relationship to work
it is also vital that each person involved knows what they can
expect from each other.
This pages sets out what you can expect from each other and the
limits of the scheme
can I expect from my Buddy?
can I expect from my Mentee?
- Your Buddy should be in regular contact with
you throughout your first semester, they will use your university
- They should invite you to meet to have
informal discussions about how you are finding YSJ.
- Your Buddy will answer any questions you have
about YSJ and help signpost you to specialist services when
- Your Buddy will help you identify and achieve
goals for the first semester.
- Your mentee should respond to e-mails sent
from you and agree to meet you.
- Ask you any questions they have about
|The limits of the Buddy up Scheme
A Buddy is not:
- A counsellor.
- A careers advisor.
- A replacement for services, such as advice on finance or
- A tutor or someone who will proof read assignments and
Whilst your Buddy does not provide these services they will be
happy to point you in the right direction should you
need support with any aspects of University life that they are
unable to deal with directly.