Vacancy Hints and Tips
The Careers and Employability Team aim to promote employers and
their opportunities with a high level of efficiency and accuracy,
whilst working in the best interest of current students of the
Our Employer Liaison Co-ordinator can provide advice on
recruitment strategies, getting the best from your advert for both
part-time and graduate vacancies as well has helping with raising
your profile at York St John University, please call Suzanne
Dickinson on 01904 876519 or E: email@example.com
York St John University Guidelines for Employers Advertising
The guidelines which follow apply to both part-time and graduate
To get the best from your advert ensure the following are
- A brief description of your organisation, including a postal
address and/or landline telephone number.
- A job title along with a brief description of the role.
- Information about the job specification and any qualifications
required (if appropriate).
- Details of how to apply for vacancy.
- Website or other contact details where applicants can obtain
further details about the vacancy and the company.
- Salary details – ensuring that they comply with the
National Minimum wage.
- Your vacancy and the selection process comply with all
applicable employment, data protection and equal opportunities
legislation. Further guidance can be found on the ACAS
website http://www.acas.org.uk/ or helpline
08457 474747 and in the case of Health and Safety Legislations at
- Your advertisement complies with all relevant legislation; we
reserve the right to withdraw any advert which contravenes current
employment legislation or which we find to be discriminatory.
- If you require the applicant to work specific days and times
please put these in the advert so that only students whose
timetable permits will apply.