The Centre for Church School Education
The CCSE is located at York
St John and based in the Faculty of Education & Theology. As an
institution with a Christian foundation, York St John is committed
to exploring collaborative ways of working with Church Schools in
pursuit of their distinctive and inclusive mission, ethos and
The CCSE aims to
provide opportunities for educational and theological reflection
and research through:
- Support for existing collaborative, local,
regional and national networks and the development of new networks
in the field of Church School Education.
- Continuing professional development in Church
School Education through conferences, seminars, consultations and
- Study programmes in the area of Church School
Education at foundation, graduate and post-graduate level.
- Pedagogical, theoretical and action research
projects in Church School Education.
- Response to a range of national and
international issues related to Church School Education.
- Dissemination of knowledge and understanding
of Church School Education Dialogue with other educational
institutions with a religious foundation.
- Promotion of excellence and creativity in the
Religious Education curriculum.
- Promotion of reflective practice in work
The CCSE works
in association with:
The David Hope RE
York Institute for Community
Previous CCSE Annual
Conference 2005 »
Sixth Conference 2010 »
Seventh Conference 2011 »
2013 Annual Conference
The next CCSE conference will take place on in 2013.