The Health & Safety Officer
The University has a dedicated Health and Safety Officer based
on the Lord Mayor’s Walk campus who is available to assist and
advise any staff, students or visitors.
Responsibilities, scope and function
- Provide advice to the Vice-Chancellor and Strategic Leadership
Team on relevant law and the implementation of the University
Health & Safety Policy.
- Advise and support management and staff on health and safety
- Produce and promote relevant policy and procedures to comply
with health and safety regulations.
- Monitor and report health and safety management and
- Report and investigate serious accidents and dangerous
- Liaise with health and safety law enforcement authorities (HSE,
Local Authority and Fire and Rescue Service).
- Liaise with Trade Unions on health and safety issues.
- Service the University Health
& Safety Committee
- Promote and provide health and safety training.