Connecting to YSJ with Apple Mobile devices
(iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch)
1. Connecting to the YSJ wireless network:
- Go to settings and select "Wi-Fi"
- Wait a few moments and list of available wireless networks will
appear, select the network: YSJ
- Your Apple device will take a few moments to connect.
2. Register your device:
- Once your Apple device has connected to the YSJ wireless
network, open up a web browser and navigate to any web page, you
will then be redirected to the registration page.
- Select to Register your device using your university user
- The next page asks for your login details, please enter your
details in the boxes provided and click continue.
- Once you have successfully entered your username and password
your device will be registered. You will then be shown a screen
showing you a timer. Please allow the time to complete as your
network connection is configured.
- You have now successfully registered your device.
3. Completing the setup:
- Once you have completed the registration process you may be
redirected to a remediation page. If you are, please be patient and
in a few moments you will prompted that registration is
- The network settings on the Apple device will be configured to
allow internet access.
You can contact the ICT Helpdesk in the following ways:
- Visit the Information desk on the Ground floor of the Fountains
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T 01904 876696 (9am to 6pm Monday to