York St John University uses a network access system which
requires all users to have a York St John University user account
before you can access the network with your Windows Computer. Your
user account is allowed to register up to 5 devices. This may
include your laptop, smartphone, tablet and games console.
- Windows 7 (Recommended)
- Windows Vista service pack 2
- Windows XP service pack 3
- Fully up to date with Microsoft Critical and security updates.
Instructions on how to keep your computer updated can be found
- Fully licensed and up to date Anti Virus Software
- Web browser with no web proxy settings configured.
1. Connect to the YSJ wireless network:
- Open your wireless network connection utility.
- Select to join the network "YSJ"
- This should be seen as an open network and no password is
required at this point.
2. How to register your Windows Computer
- You are asked to register your device when you connect to the
YSJ wireless network for the first time. When you open your browser
you will be redirected to the device registration page.
- You can choose to register your device up to 14 days before you
visit the University by visiting the following page:https://8200ap.yorksj.ac.uk/registration/RemoteReg.jsp
This page is not restricted to the University network and can be
- Please note, if you do not connect your Apple Mac OS X to the
wired network for 14 days, you will need to register again upon
3. Registering your Windows Computer
- Once the registration page loads, Select to Register your
Windows computer using your university user account.
- The next page asks for your login details, please enter your
details in the boxes provided and click continue.
- Once you have successfully entered your username and password
your device will be registered. You will then be shown a screen
showing you a timer. Please allow the time to complete as your
network connection is configured.
- You have now successfully registered your device. Please close
your browser when requested.
You can contact the ICT Helpdesk in the following ways:
- Visit the Information desk on the Ground floor of the Fountains
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T 01904 876696 (9am to 6pm Monday to