1. Acquiring the console MAC address:
- To obtain the MAC Address from a Nintendo DS, you must first
insert a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection compatible game and access the
WFC Setup Utility
- Please note that the exact steps to access the setup utility
varies by game. However, the setup utility is a standard menu,
included with all WFC-compatible games.
- Access the Setup utility
- Click on "options" then "System Information"
- The MAC address will be listed on screen,
2. Register the console:
- With another device, such as a computer or smartphone, log onto
the following page: https://8200ap.yorksj.ac.uk/registration/RemoteReg.jsp
- Agree to the Acceptable Use Policy
- Select the option to register your games console
- Enter your username, password and MAC address in the boxes
- With the device Type list, make sure you select the correct
3. Finalizing the connection:
- Your console is now fully registered on the network and is
ready for use.
- Launch a game with online capabilities and choose to connect to
the "YSJ" wireless network. Your game should then have access
to the online services.
You can contact the ICT Helpdesk in the following ways:
- Visit the Information desk on the Ground floor of the Fountains
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T 01904 876696 (9am to 6pm Monday to