Turn on Windows Updates
It is good practise to make sure your Windows Operating system
is up to date with the latest Critical and security updates.
To make sure your computer has the necessary service pack
installed to connect to our network please follow the simple
steps below to enable Windows updates:
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button . In the
search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click
- In the left pane, click Change settings.
- Under Important updates, click one of the following:
- > Install updates automatically (recommended)
- > Download updates but let me choose whether to install
- > Check for updates but let me choose whether to download
and install them
- > Never check for updates (not recommended)
- To schedule your automatic updates, next to Install new
updates, select the day and time you want updates to occur.
- To get recommended updates for your computer, under Recommended
updates, select the Give me recommended updates the same way I
receive important updates check box.
- To allow anyone using the computer to make updates, select the
Allow all users to install updates on this computer check box. This
applies only to updates and software that are installed manually;
automatic updates will be installed regardless of the user.
- Click OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password
or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
These steps are taken from the Microsoft web site. For further
information about Windows updates, please navigate to the following