Original works of art
- Year art work was produced (in round brackets)
- Title of art work bold, in italics or
- Material type in square brackets and followed by a full stop
(Common material types are: ceramic; drawing; etching; linocut;
lithograph; painting; photograph; sculpture and woodcut)
- The location of the gallery, museum, etc. followed by a full
- In text citation:
- In his study of a lily pond (1899), Monet shows his fascination
with the changing effects of light on landscapes and water.
- Full reference:
- Monet. C. (1899) The water lily pond [oil on
canvas]. National Gallery, London.
© Copyright 2013 Information Learning Services
Fountains Learning Centre, York St John University, Lord Mayor's Walk, York, YO31 7EX
T: 01904 876696 F: 01904 876324 E: firstname.lastname@example.org