Your source should appear in the reference list in the following
order. Note the punctuation as this is part of the reference.
Currently, TV programmes are designated as video recordings. The
medium is only noted if on DVD, etc.
- Series title followed by a full stop.
- Series number (if any) followed by a full stop.
- Year in round brackets
- Title of programme - bold, in italics
or underlined, followed by a full stop.
- Place of publication, followed by a comma,
- Transmitter (e.g. BBC, Channel 4, etc.) followed by a
- Date of transmission followed by a comma,
- Medium: [DVD] followed by a full stop.
- In-text citation:
- The filmmakers followed the elusive snow leopard in her natural
habitat (Natural world, 2008).
- Full reference:
- When a video recording is part of a series, then the series
title and number (if any) AND the date in brackets precede the
- Natural world. (2008) Snow leopard: beyond the
myth. London, BBC2, 4 January, [DVD].
© Copyright 2013 Information Learning Services
Fountains Learning Centre, York St John University, Lord Mayor's Walk, York, YO31 7EX
T: 01904 876696 F: 01904 876324 E: email@example.com