Placing and Collecting Holds
Holds may be placed on items that are out on loan to another
If a hold is placed on an item which is out on loan then it
cannot be renewed by the existing user.
Holds can be placed on the following items:
- 4 week and 7-day loan books
Holds cannot be placed on:
- 1-day loan books
- reference items including the Quick Access Texts
- Items that are currently available on the shelf (if you are a
postal loan user, please use the
request form for on-shelf items).
How do I place a hold?
How do I collect a hold?
- you will be notified when your hold is ready, either by
email or by post
- you have 8 days from the date on the email or letter to collect
- you can collect your own holds from the shelves
to the right of the main entrance on the ground floor
- you can then borrow your item from the Self
Service area on the ground floor 24/7
© Copyright 2013 Information Learning Services
Fountains Learning Centre, York St John University, Lord Mayor's Walk, York, YO31 7EX
T: 01904 876696 F: 01904 876324 E: email@example.com