Checking your inter-library loan messages
All communications regarding inter-library loan requests are
sent by e-mail, so please check your email regularly. However, you
can check the current status of your request via the library
- Click on the 'Library account' tab at the top of this
- Click 'Renew and Check Your Loans'
- Click 'Check your loans and messages'
- Enter your User ID and PIN
- Click 'Display user information'
- Click 'Requests/Library Messages'
There is also a
video tutorial on how to do this.
A list of requests will be displayed.
Any that state 'A reply to your request has not been
sent' have been processed but have not yet been received
by the library. You can click on 'VIEW' to see when the
request was sent and/if we have had to reapply to any further
Any that state 'A reply to your message was sent on
(date)' have either been fulfilled (most likely) or
cancelled (rarely). Clicking on view will give you more details
The most common messages are:
- REQUEST SENT 17.10.06/DIRECT 18.10.06 - This
means that we processed an article request on 17.10.06 and that the
copy was forwarded on 18.10.06.
- ITEM READY TO COLLECT FROM LIBRARY ISSUE DESK
17.10.06 - The item has been received by the library and
is either awaiting collection or has been collected.
- ITEM RETURNED TO BL/OWNING LIBRARY 18.10.06 -
The item has been returned to the British Library (or the owning
library). It is now cleared from all records.
- REAPP TO LV-U1 18.10.06 - We have reapplied to
a new library as the previous one could not supply. Awaiting
- CANCELLED 17.10.06 - We have had to cancel the
request. An email will have been sent to you on the stated
date, so please check for further details.
This is not an exhaustive list. If there is a different
message and you are unsure of what we mean, please do ask. You can
contact the inter library loans team by visiting Question Point on
the ground floor of Fountains, by telephone on (01904) 876317 or by
© Copyright 2013 Information Learning Services
Fountains Learning Centre, York St John University, Lord Mayor's Walk, York, YO31 7EX
T: 01904 876696 F: 01904 876324 E: email@example.com