Library User ID and PIN
What is it for?
- to place holds on books and other items.
- to view your library record to see details of loans, holds and
- to renew items currently on loan to you.
- to read messages sent to you by Learning Centre staff.
How do I get it?
Your User ID is:
- students: student ID number
- staff: barcode number on staff card
- other members: barcode on library card
Your library PIN may be emailed to you, or else please ask for
it at the Question Point in the Learning Centre. For this you will
need your library card.
What does it look like?
- User ID: barcode number, e.g. 0123456789
- PIN: four digits, e.g. 1985
What can I do if I can't log in?
If you do not know your PIN or having problems logging in to the
Library Catalogue or self-issue machines, please contact
the Question Point either by email (email@example.com), telephone (01904
876696) or in person (Fountains Learning Centre, ground floor).
How do I change my password?
online demonstration to show you how to change your
- on the Library Catalogue, click on Renew and Check Your
Loans at the top of the screen.
- select the option to Change Your PIN
- you will be asked to enter your User ID and PIN, and then to
enter a new PIN
Your new PIN must be all numbers, not letters, to work with the
© Copyright 2013 Information Learning Services
Fountains Learning Centre, York St John University, Lord Mayor's Walk, York, YO31 7EX
T: 01904 876696 F: 01904 876324 E: firstname.lastname@example.org