International Bank Transfer
Students, who wish to make payment of their accommodation and/or
tuition fees by international bank transfer, are often vulnerable
to fluctuating exchange rates and bank charges from both the
sending and receiving bank.
York St John University has partnered with Western Union Business
Solutions to provide students with a bank transfer service
(called Geo for Education) that helps eliminate these problems and
provides the following benefits:
- It allows students to freeze a guaranteed exchange rate for a
period of up to 72 hours to provide to their bank to make the
- It allows students to make payment of their fees in their own
currency giving them transparency and a clear understanding of the
cost of their course fee
- It ensures that 100% of the funds transferred, reach the
university and that no expensive bank charges are deducted
- It ensures that the payment can be easily identified and
allocated by the university giving the student peace of mind
- It is a secure and quick way to make the transfer ensuring that
the university receives the payment promptly
No additional charges
There are no additional for using this service are made by York
St John or Western Union Business Solutions. By using this service
you avoid or significantly reduce the costs incurred to you and
York St John as well as any delays through making/receiving
How to use this service
Access the Geo for Education bank transfer
service by clicking on this link: Geo for
- Enter your student information. Boxes marked with a * are
required. Click Next.
- Enter the amount(s) of tuition and / or accommodation fees in
the relevant fields in £ sterling. Click Continue.
- Choose your home country, this will automatically convert your
fee amount to your home currency (if your home currency is
unavailable it will default to the next best option e.g. USD).
- You will be quoted an amount to pay instantly. This amount will
be guaranteed for 72 hours.
- Next, you will be emailed simple instructions in PDF format
detailing which bank your fees need to be transferred to in your
home country. You can either make this payment using online
banking, telephone banking or in person at your bank in the same
way that you would make a standard bank transfer. The PDF
instructions provided can also be emailed directly to a family
member if they are making the payment on your behalf.
- Accept the conditions of use.
- These instructions will contain an important reference that you
must ensure your bank quotes when making the payment. This
reference allows York St John to identify and allocate your fees
Once payment has been sent through the nominated bank to
Western fees account.
You can find further information through our GEO Education FAQ page.