RCOMH Research Programmes
The mission of RCOMH is achieved through our core work
in five research programmes.
The purpose of specific research
programmes within RCOMH is to:
- Provide leadership for sharing expertise, skills and capacity
for a particular research area in order to develop a co-ordinated
programme of research.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between service
users, researchers and practitioners, in order to develop
international networks of people involved in similar areas of
- Support researchers to identify priorities for research.
- Support researchers to submit joint bids and undertake
collaborative, multi-disciplinary, multi-site projects.
- Scope funding streams for a particular research area.
- Make available relevant findings of small projects (including
primary studies, literature reviews, students' projects and
evaluations by practitioners) in specific research areas to provide
background evidence and rationale for developing research bids for
further research in the area.
- Support each other with advice and feedback on funding
bids and dissemination of research findings.
- Submit research and innovation bids to a variety of funding
streams, building on smaller projects.
- Make links with colleagues in related disciplines and with
existing networks who have similar research interests.