York St John University houses several research centres which
offer services and valuable resources to our postgraduate and post
experience students, as well as to the local, national and
Through knowledge exchange projects and learning and
teaching CEEAT aims to:
- champion and promote person centred
assessment and provision of services to support independent
- promote 'personalisation' agenda of
choice, control, early intervention and prevention
- promote person centred design of
assistive technologies and environments
- evaluate and disseminate best
The PLACE Education & Research Centre is an
independent charity whose objectives are to promote research
into the people, landscape and cultural environment of Yorkshire
and elsewhere, and to disseminate the useful results for the
benefit of the general public. It also aims to advance the
education of the public in the people and the natural and cultural
heritage of Yorkshire and elsewhere.
Aims to develop world class research in occupation and
mental health to influence best practice.
- Serves as a forum for the academic discussion of research which
extends our understanding of religion in the contemporary world and
for the dissemination of important analyses of religion and
contemporary society for a wider public audience.
- Conducts externally-funded research activities that create new
and develop existing research collaborations.
- Encourages collaborative working relationships with regional,
national and international partners, as well as with the media,
policy-makers and other public and professional organizations.
- Provides training in religious awareness for practitioners and
professionals in a range of public and private sector