Introduction to Dyslexia
This workshop is suitable for
All staff working with
York St John University has a
higher than average proportion of students with dyslexia, each with
their own individual profile of needs. In order to be an
‘inclusive and accessible university’ we all need to be able to
respond positively to these needs.
No dates are currently scheduled. Please
Contact Staff Development to express an interest in attending a
To book a place on a workshop please use our Online Booking Form.
This interactive workshop will cover
- What dyslexia is - and isn't!
- The concept of neurodiversity
- 'Being dyslexic in a non-dyslexic world' - the emotional impact
- Dyslexia and Higher Education: square pegs in round holes?
- A positive approach to inclusion: what you can do within your