Writing for The Web
This workshop is suitable
This workshop is aimed at anyone who is involved in the writing
and delivery of text-based online content.
Please note, that this is not a technical workshop. Participants
should be familiar with the use of a web browser such as Firefox or
No dates are currently scheduled. Please Contact Staff Development to express an interest
in attending a future workshop.
To book a place on a workshop please use our Online Booking Form.
Hanna Miettinen of Netskills
What is so different about writing for the web? The ability to
write and re-purpose content for the web is an important skill.
Visitors can abandon your site at the click of a button if they are
not enticed by what you have written. This workshop will explore a
range of proven practical techniques that you will be able to take
away and apply directly to your own web site authoring.
- Practical writing techniques for use in the online
- Use of active and passive verbs
- Examination of web audience and intent
- Practical tasks for writing for an organisation profile and
- The difference between good web content and good web
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Practiced techniques for writing and repurposing content for
- Explored key practical issues surrounding the provision of web
- Critically evaluated a range of real and potential web
- Identified the key points to successful web writing