At graduation the University presents a number of prizes to
celebrate student achievement. These fall into two
- Prizes based on your academic performance
- Prizes based on other criteria relating to personal qualities
or achievements in areas of student life outside the programme of
The University welcomes nominations or self-nominations for the
following prizes which are awarded for personal qualities or
achievements in areas outside the programme of study.
The C&B Rouse Prize
This prize will be awarded to a student who meets one or more of
the following criteria:
- Contribution to University life
- Overcoming particular obstacles to complete their studies
- Contribution to the local community, for example voluntary
Hilary Wild Prize
This prize will be awarded to a student who fulfils the
- Making a particularly great effort to complete degree studies,
for example achievement in the face of adverse circumstances or
whilst sustaining significant personal responsibilities.
If you would like to nominate a fellow graduate or put yourself
forward for one of these prizes please complete the appropriate
application form found on this page at and send via post or email
to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly
identifying how the criteria are met by 15 August 2013.
Please note if you are nominating a fellow graduate please make
sure you have obtained their permission first (and indicate this on
the application form).