Primary Education BA (Hons)
The interview procedure for the Primary Education
degree programme aims to give us an overview of your academic
potential for an Honours degree and your potential to become an
excellent teacher. We want to see the best of you and want to
make you feel as relaxed as possible so that you are able to show
us your true potential.
Prior to your interview we will have read your
UCAS form but this is all we know about you. It is up to
you to make your personal statement come alive during your
time with us.
During the interview process we are keen to see/hear:
- Reference to recent and relevant experience in schools/early
- Reference to other experiences with children and relevant
skills you may have learnt from part time work, gap years,
- Your ability to reflect on these experiences and what you have
learned from them.
- A lively and engaging personality.
- Smart appearance.
- Confident and articulate communication, using standard
Take the time to prepare thoroughly by looking at both the
criteria you will be assessed against and the schedule of the
For further information surrounding the Primary Education
interviews please see: