If you are an External Examiner working with a Faculty or School
at York St John University, you may require access to our VLE -
Moodle. Moodle is an environment which is used to provide students
with access to learning resources and activities related to their
taught credit bearing modules. Moodle is also the system which is
used to enable e-submission, marking and feedback for all
appropriate summative assignments.
To ensure that you can see the relevant modules in Moodle, you
must completed all of the steps below. As an External Examiner, it
is your responsibility to:
- Create an account in Moodle. [View PDF guide | View video
- Notify your administrative faculty/school contact that you now
have an account in Moodle.
- Notify your administrative faculty/school contact of which
modules you require access to.
It is your administrative contact's responsibility to:
- Ensure that you have the correct level of access to the
relevant modules in Moodle.
- Notify you when you have been added to the relevant modules in
Please note, if you have been given a temporary IT account to
enable you to login to the YSJ computers, this will not
enable you to gain access to Moodle. You must still
complete the process outlined above.
If you are having technical problems, please contact a member of
the Technology Enhanced Learning team on 01904 876729 or email
If you have successfully created an account, but now require
access to modules in Moodle, please get in touch with your