We are developing an exciting new plan for sport for all at York St John University. We want to build on the quality of our student experience and the way in which we engage with the community through our wide range of facilities, expertise and passion for sport, health and well-being.
We have an impressive range of facilities for you to use, including:
- York St John student sport park - a 57 acre sports site which includes a sand based floodlit synthetic turf pitch for football and hockey and a 3G floodlit synthetic turf pitch for football and rugby. There are also cricket pitches, netball and tennis courts and a sprint track.
- Sports hall on campus with climbing wall, four badminton courts and provision for netball, volleyball, basketball, cricket, badminton and five-a-side football.
- Fully-equipped Fitness and Conditioning Suite on campus, offering cardiovascular, fixed and free weights. This suite has been accredited under the Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) for its commitment to offering opportunities that enable disabled people to become physically active.
- Weekly fitness classes from Zumba and circuits to yoga and pilates. These are designed for all abilities on a pay-and-play basis.
- Qualified instructors to help you make the most of your training.
The Joseph Rowntree Theatre:
The theatre is an art deco style community performance space which celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2010. Now run by the Joseph Rowntree Theatre Ltd, a registered charity, it is the venue of choice of more than 30 local performing groups, and is staffed by more than 150 passionate volunteer supporters, both front of house and backstage. The huge range of shows produced by its hirers stretches from musical theatre to ballet, opera to pantomime, and brass bands to traditional drama. Our own student societies have used the venue for a range of their performances. Over the past decade, more than £280,000 has been invested in the upgrading and upkeep of its facilities, with full auditorium refurbishment, and up to date sound and lighting systems.
If you want to find out more come along to one of our open days.