Our structure and governance
Governance and charitable status
York St John University is a company limited by guarantee (Company Number: 4498683), and an exempt charity. The University's registered address is: Lord Mayor’s Walk, York, YO31 7EX. The University is registered as a higher education provider with the Office for Students.
Our Governing Body
The Governing Body has collective responsibility for oversight of the University’s activities. It has adopted a Statement of Primary Responsibilities. The Statement is aligned with the Higher Education Code of Governance and the registration conditions specified by the Office for Students (OfS).
Governing Body 2020-21:
- Julia Unwin DBE (Chair of the Governing Body; Chair of Governance and Nominations Committee)
- Steve Milner (Deputy Chair of the Governing Body; Chair of the Audit Committee; Chair of the Remuneration Committees)
- Mohammed Ali OBE
- Jamie Andrews
- Jon Hammond Booth DL (Chair of the People Committee)
- Professor Karen Bryan OBE (Vice Chancellor)
- The Right Reverend Dr Tom Butler (Chair of the Foundation Committee)
- Cath Clelland MBE
- Russell Davidson
- Dr Rob Edgar
- The Right Reverend Paul Ferguson
- Mark Fordyce
- Richard France (Chair of the Finance and Capital Development Committee)
- The Right Reverend Dr Jonathan Frost
- Professor Graham Henderson CBE DL
- Maggie Pavlou
- Ian Wallace
Expressions of interest from those wishing to serve on the University's Governing Body are welcome all year round.
- Audit Committee
- Finance and Capital Development Committee
- Foundation Committee
- Governance and Nominations Committee
- People Committee
- Remuneration Committee (Vice Chancellor)
- Remuneration Committee (Senior Leadership Team)
Contact the Governing Body
If you would like to contact the Governing Body please email the University Secretary, Dr Amanda Wilcox.