How can DSA support me if I have psychosis?
Do you experience difficulties with any of the following when studying?
- Managing side effects from medication such as drowsiness and nausea
- Maintaining concentration, focus and attention
- Managing intrusive and distracting thoughts
- Low motivation and self- confidence
- Fatigue from disturbed sleeping pattern and medication
- Higher levels of absence
- Organising your thoughts and planning your workload
DSA could help by providing you with:
- A financial contribution towards a computer to enable you to study in your preferred environment when you feel at your best
- Weekly sessions with a mentor to assist with workload management and keep stress levels low
- Software to help you organise your thoughts and plan your assignments
- A way of recording lectures and seminars to ensure you have all the information
- Advice and guidance (with your permission) to your tutors at the university to help them understand and accommodate your difficulties
The support package you receive through DSA is based on your particular needs and course requirements, so it is tailor made for you. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org