As educational technologists, our practices involve a focus on improving the quality of student learning through the use of learning technologies. Our advice is sometimes theory based and sometimes based on accounts in the literature of successful uses of learning technology. The use of technology is based on the interrelationships amongst at least three areas: technology, theories of learning and issues of educational practice.
The TEL team is committed to promoting, developing, supporting and embedding the effective use of technology for learning, teaching and assessment.
To set an example of effective and relevant use of and support of technology enhanced learning within and outside the university.
We will achieve this by:
- Embedding the principles of the TEL Quality Framework
- Promoting innovative, inclusive and evidence-based use of technology
- Being approachable, enthusiastic and passionate about TEL
- Explaining concepts clearly and in a non-technical language
- Being patient with people and making them feel valued by spending time with them
- Being proactive in seeking out new opportunities to work with colleagues on projects
- Engaging staff in a wide range of flexible development opportunities
- Providing a range of inclusive support resources and materials
- Communicating effectively within and outside the university
- Evaluating and benchmarking our performance
Academic Development Directorate
T: 01904 876975 | 876967 | 876782
The Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) team supports staff in using a range of tools and technologies to enable effective e-pedagogy, most notably Moodle (our VLE), Mahara (our e-Portfolio) and our Media Library. The TEL team is part of the Academic Development Directorate.
Our team is currently a small one but we're a friendly bunch; so if you ever need any specialist advice or just want a chat about learning technologies, e-pedagogies and ways in which you can harness the benefits of technology for learning, feel free to email, call or just pop in to our office in Holgate for a chat.
We’re located in the Holgate building (number 17 on the campus map), as you head through the door towards the Executive Wing, take the stairs on the right up to the second floor, the TEL office is located on the left (HG228), and ADD are along the corridor to the right (HG213-HG217).
There is a lift on the ground floor of Holgate, which will take you to the adjacent corridor on the second floor, head down the corridor and through the door on the right to find TEL & ADD. Unfortunately we may still be inaccessible to some, so please let us know if you would prefer us to come to you, or to meet in an alternative location.
Students - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Service Desk in Fountains Learning Centre.