During your time with us.

We understand that although you have already moved in we are still here to support you throughout your first year. We have put together some useful FAQs to guide you in the right direction. 

If you are the parent or guardian of a current student please see our Parents and Guardians

Making payments for my accommodation

Once I’ve booked accommodation, how do I change the bank account that the accommodation fees will be taken from?

If you need to change your payment details while you are here, this can be done by logging into Evision using your personal ID and login. This will be your universal York St John University log in and password.

Alternatively you can contact the Finance Team for their information.

How do I make rent payments?

For convenience, we recommend paying in 3 instalments, as this will coincide with you receiving your maintenance loan payments. As part of your accommodation induction you will be required to setup your payment method – Direct Debit . You will be notified by email to your student York St John University account before each due date. The University will automatically take the payment from your nominated card or bank account. For more information please contact the Finance Team on finance@yorksj.ac.uk or 01904 876452.



What if I want to leave my accommodation early?

If you are withdrawing from your University course you will be released from your Accommodation Agreement. For more information please refer to the Early Departure Policy 2018/19 (PDF 0.1 MB)

The University may also consider terminating your Accommodation Agreement in exceptional circumstances if a formal written request is submitted. Please contact us for further guidance.

 What happens with payments if I move out/leave University?

Following an Early Departure approval; you will be charged 30 days’ rent from the date you hand in your room key. Your rental payments will be recalculated accordingly.

 If you leave your accommodation without an Early Departure approval, you are still liable for your accommodation up until the end of your contract.

What if I have a maintenance issue?

Faults, breakages and general repairs in university halls can be reported by emailing repairs@yorksj.ac.uk or calling 01904 876666.

University Managed Houses can be reported by calling 01904 876660. Please never report this directly to the Landlord. 

If out of hours call security on 0788520182/01904 876444.

Fault Reporting

What if I want to move rooms?

Unless there are exceptional circumstances, room moves are not considered until mid-October more information can be found in the Room Move Policy (PDF 37.1 KB)

What happens during inspections?

You will have three inspections as outlined in your Student Accommodation Handbook 2018/19 (PDF 1.7 MB) throughout your time in our accommodation and this is to check the general upkeep of your rooms and communal areas. You will be sent an email to inform you of the date that this inspection will be carried out. We ask that all communal areas and rooms are tidy ready for the inspections.

Can I invite guests into my Accommodation?

Yes you may have guests over in your accommodation, please remember that while your guests are staying with you they are your responsibility. Guests may stay for a maximum of two nights in a seven day period and must be over the age of 18. 

Cookie Settings