Careers and placements
You can apply for paid positions within the university.
Student services reps
Student Services Reps are a team of students who assist Student Services in a range of different areas. It is a paid position which provides you with an opportunity to develop your employability skills, enhance your CV and get more out of your time at university.
All of our SSR's will have the opportunity to assist with Welcome Week and become a Global Guide to assist our international students welcome. You will:
- Assist Student Services to answer questions during Welcome Week
- Help direct new students to their rooms during their first week
- Help with the enrolment process for first year students
- Travel by coach to the airports to help us collect our international students
- Assist with various trips to different locations within the UK
- Be involved with Global Campus events
Get involved with specialist projects
As a student service rep you can also get involved in the following specialist projects:
- Global Cafe Co-ordination: planning and delivery of activities at the café
- Autism Success Programme: plan and co-facilitiate Stratus events and promote awareness
- Success Programme Support: work with targeted groups such as mature or commuting students
For more information on these roles contact the student success and engagement team by emailing email@example.com.
Students as researchers scheme
You can undertake paid research work alongside staff supervisors. This is an approved activity for the Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).
This provides an excellent opportunity for you to collaborate with staff, develop your research experience. You will gain transferrable skills such as teamwork, communication and workload planning, while providing an insight into further study. You can earn some extra money while making a valuable contribution to University research.
We provide networking events for Student Researchers, such as an Induction at the beginning of the projects, and informal meet ups to discuss project developments.
The scheme culminates in a stimulating research showcase event towards the end of the academic year, and also can yield fantastic research outcomes such as publication in academic journals and attendance at external conferences.
Applications for this year are closed. Please check back in autumn 2020 for more opportunities.