Advice for students and staff
- You are expected to wear a face covering in teaching rooms and communal areas inside University buildings. See guidance for higher education providers for more information.
- The self-isolation advice for people with COVID-19 has changed. Check the Stay at home guidance on the gov.uk website.
- Find out what to do if you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace.
This content was last reviewed on 5 January 2022.
York St John University is fully open and lectures and other teaching activities in laboratories, studios and specialist spaces are being provided in person at our York and London campuses. We continue to monitor and follow all government guidance whilst remaining committed to providing in person activities as the central core of our teaching and learning offer.
Students and staff accessing campus should continue twice weekly testing. City of York Council are operating the symptom-free coronavirus testing centre on our York campus. Book symptom free coronavirus testing. Home testing kits are freely available from information desks in Holgate and Fountains Library.
Updates on current positive cases and responses to frequently asked questions about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic can be found below.
Our guidance is frequently reviewed to provide you with the most up-to-date information for our University community but please check the UK government coronavirus page for the latest COVID-19 information.
We understand that the impact of the pandemic has been particularly challenging for many students. If you, or someone you know, needs support, we're here to help.
Reported COVID-19 cases
Our YSJ COVID Coordination Centre is recording all periods of self-isolation and all positive COVID-19 test results within our University community. These figures are reported daily to local public health teams.
As of Monday 17 January, we report that 49 members of our University community are currently self-isolating because they have tested positive for COVID-19.
We have around 8,000 students and over 900 members of staff at York St John University.
If you are are a student or member of staff and have tested positive for COVID-19, please report this via the forms below.
Information and support for current undergraduate and postgraduate students at York St John.
Information and updates for current staff members at York St John.
- Guidance for educational settings
- The latest and most up-to-date information from Gov.uk
- Stay at home: guidance for households with possible or confirmed COVID 19 infection
- Guidance for contacts of people with confirmed COVID 19 infection who do not live with the person
- COVID restrictions in your local area
- Situation in the UK
- Information about the virus and symptoms
- Advice for travellers
- Social distancing
- Contact tracing