Postgraduate taught module
Leadership in Health and Social Care - Service Innovation and Transformation
This module is an opportunity for practitioners to explore leadership research and practice within Health and Social Care. It is relevant to anyone working in a health and social care setting with a desire to build on their leadership knowledge and practical experience through relevant multi-professional learning and research.
- Module Code – PHC7012M
- Level and Credits – Level M, 30 Credits
Facilitators - Rachel Martin
£1,083 For self-funded individuals
This module will focus upon the key concepts of leadership theory, organisational culture, self-development, motivation, risk management, teamwork, coaching and mentoring. It will simultaneously develop practical and professional skills, whilst increasing self-awareness through reflective personal development.
This module will enable the student to compare and contrast different theoretical perspectives in leadership and discuss how these can be applied to 'real life' work problems through case studies and a work based learning project. This will require significant personal reflection into how you might programme knowledge and skills in leading others. Overall the module aims to have a positive long-term impact on both the individual and the health service.
Download our course information document to share it with your employer.
- Wednesday 30 September 2020
- Wednesday 7 October 2020
- Wednesday 21 October 2020
- Wednesday 4 November 2020
- Wednesday 11 November 2020.
- Critically evaluate the role of leadership in bringing about change on the allied health professions
- Critically reflect on your ability as a Health and Social Care leader in multidisciplinary teams and across organisational and agency boundaries
- Discerningly apply evidence in the area of leadership to solve 'real life' problems relating to innovation in Health and Social Care
100% case study (5,000 words)
Who should attend?
The professional group attracted to these courses include a wide range of professions from across the health and social care field, including: Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Nurses, Social Workers, Care Workers, a range of Health and Social Care Professionals, Medical Staff and Podiatrists.
This module can be taken as a stand-alone module or as part of the following programmes:
- MSc Leadership in Health and Social Care
- PG Cert Innovation and Leadership in Health and Social Care
We offer individual postgraduate modules to meet your particular CPD needs or as the beginning of your postgraduate journey to a PG Cert or MSc. Evaluating Evidence and Effecting Change is an excellent place to start, enabling you to follow the evidence based practice approach to critique evidence and apply your findings to improve your practice or service. Other modules enable you to develop as a leader or transform your practice through the application of a health coaching approach.
T: 01904 876825 or 876506
Need more information?
Fill out our form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.