Strengthening Personal Resilience
Develop positive strategies to strengthen your resilience and personal control.
What is resilience? “The capacity to maintain personal control and robust attitudes in the face of challenging events and behaviours” (Mowbray, 2013). These interactive webinars provide opportunity to reflect on your personal resilience in a range of contexts. Within a group environment you will discuss strategies in order to strengthen your personal resilience and learn from shared experiences. You will also be introduced to different frameworks and tools to encourage self-reflection.
York campus or online
- Duration – 2 x 2 hour webinars
- Start date – Contact us for further information using the form below.
Facilitators - Rachel Martin
£95 For self-funded individuals
Aims of the webinars
- Become familiar with frameworks and theories and identify useful coping strategies to enhance resilience and wellbeing.
- Allow thinking space to help make sense of current demands.
- Connect with others who are working in similar environments and with similar pressures.
- Self-reflect and acknowledge thoughts and feelings in a supportive environment.
What will attendees learn?
- Enhance understanding about the meaning of resilience and the key elements.
- Identify and reflect on strategies that will strengthen your resilience and personal control taking into account yourself (including values and strengths) and also how you respond to events and other people.
- Build a development plan to prioritise what you will do differently and how you can further develop resilient attitudes and behaviours.
Course leader biographies
Rachel Martin is an experienced facilitator, lecturer and leadership coach with specialist knowledge and skills in resilience, communication and leadership. As Professional Lead for Health CPD and Senior Lecturer at York St John, Rachel teaches Leadership and Health Coaching at postgraduate level.
She also facilitates bespoke programme to Health and Social Care organisations across Yorkshire and Humber and enjoys working with individuals and teams to fulfil their potential.