Foundations of Effective Communication
Recognise the barriers to effective communication and the strategies to overcome them
This workshop will explore how we define effective communication by examining different models and core skills including verbal and non-verbal behaviours. You will examine your own and others’ differing styles of communication as well as the importance of removing barriers in order to communicate more effectively.
- Location – York campus
- Duration – One-day study day
- Start date –
Facilitators - Rachel Martin, Subject Director for Health CPD
£95 For self-funded individuals
Health Education England funding available Funding criteria
How will you benefit and what will you learn?
- Define effective communication and identify different models of communication
- Identify and evaluate different methods of communication
- Develop communication skills including verbal and non-verbal communication
- Recognise the barriers to effective communication and the strategies to overcome them
Course leader biographies
Rachel Martin is an experienced facilitator, lecturer and leadership coach with specialist knowledge and skills in resilience, communication and leadership. As Subject Director for Health CPD at York St John University, Rachel teaches Leadership and Health Coaching at postgraduate level.
She also facilitates bespoke programme to Health and Social Care organisations across Yorkshire and Humber and enjoys working with individuals and teams to fulfil their potential.