Project Management Fundamentals
Non-accredited distance learning course.
Many organisations are embracing project management as a means of effectively delivering their strategic objectives. This course provides an overview of the key concepts and strategies of project management as well as examining the project environment and its impacts on project success.
- Duration – 25 to 30 hours accessed on-demand, at a time that suits you
- Start date – Monday 13 September 2021
Facilitator Alison Lawman
This course introduces the various methodologies, frameworks and lifecycles that can be adopted to best suit the nature of the proposed project including the processes involved in the definition and planning of a project, such as framing the scope and determining objectives. Consideration will also be given to sustainability practices and how these are often at odds with the traditional triple constraints.
You will explore a number of topics including:
- Project environment
- Project lifecycles
- Project organisation
- Methodologies and frameworks
- Planning a project
- Project profession.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Critically review the project lifecycle phases, processes, tools and techniques and the broader project environment
- Critically appraise the relationship between the project objectives of cost, time and quality and the necessary trade-offs
- Develop a critical awareness of the various methodologies and frameworks, and their appropriateness to different projects
This course is run by Alison Lawman.
Need more information?
Fill out our form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.