If you wish to appeal an academic decision, the following procedure explains how to do so. Please use the appeal form provided. You must submit all medical and other evidence with your appeal form. It is not sufficient to tell us that the evidence is available on request.
- Appeal procedure from academic year 2016/7 (PDF, 0.3MB)
- Appeal Form (DOC, 80.3KB)
- Appeal to Vice Chancellor (DOC, 68.2KB) (to be used only to seek a review of an initial appeal decision)
- Appeal Flowchart (PDF, 25.7kB)
York St John University is committed to giving its students the best learning experience it can. It prides itself on being a responsive and supportive organisation and in listening to its students. We recognise that sometimes you may encounter problems. The policy and procedure below explains how to submit a complaint and what will happen. Please use the complaints form provided
- Complaint Procedure from academic year 2016/7 (PDF, 0.3MB)
- Formal Complaints Form (DOC, 73.9KB)
- Complaint Review Form (DOC, 70.5KB)
For academic year 2015/16, the applicable procedures are here:
- Archived appeal procedures from 2015/6 (PDF, 0.3MB)
- Archived Complaints Procedure from 2015/6 (PDF, 0.3MB)
Here are some Case Studies on Appeals & Complaints (PDF, 0.3 MB).
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact email@example.com.