Information about Withdrawal
For details on Progression, please see section 7 of the Research Degrees Handbook (DOCX 0.3MB).
Guide to the Examination Process for Research Degrees
Contains details on Inclusion of Supplementary Data/Information with the thesis & The use of Video Conferencing for an oral examination.
- Guide to the examination process for research degrees (DOCX 377KB)
- Deadlines where time limit falls on a University closed day (DOCX 46KB)
- Application for Assessment Form (DOCX 68KB)
- Video Conferencing Form (DOCX 46KB)
Thesis Submission Form
Complete this form and submit it with your thesis for examination.
Thesis Deposit form
Complete this form and submit it with the final copy of your thesis.
Guidance on Thesis Titles
- Guidance on Thesis Titles (DOCX 47KB)
- Sample Title Pages (DOCX 18KB)
- Request for a change in Thesis Title (DOCX 38KB)
Guidance on the Use of Solely or Jointly-Authored Publications Within a Thesis Submission
Instructions to Examiners
Contains details on Good practice guidelines for the conduct of the oral examination, External Examiners undertaking their first UK research degree examination & Process in the event of a disagreement between the examiners.
- External Examiner fees for research degrees (DOCX 32KB)
- Instructions to Examiners for research degree examinations (DOCX 127KB)
- Preliminary Report form - First submission (DOC 204KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - PhD First submission (DOC 74KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - MPhil First submission (DOCX 33KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - Masters First submission (DOC 64KB)
- Preliminary Report form Re-submission (DOC 0.2MB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - PhD Re-submission (DOC 59KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - MPhil Re-submission (DOC 51KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - Masters Re-submission (DOC 49KB)