For details on Progression, please see section 7 of the Code of Practice.
Guide to the Examination Process for Research Degrees
Contains details on Inclusion of Supplementary Data/Information with the thesis & The use of Video Conferencing for an oral examination.
- Guide to the examination process for research degrees (DOCX 0.4MB)
- Deadlines where time limit falls on a University closed day (DOCX 44.3KB)
- Application for Assessment Form (DOCX 68KB)
- Video Conferencing Form (DOCX 48.8KB)
Thesis Submission Form
Complete this form and submit it with your thesis for examination.
Thesis Deposit form
Complete this form and submit it with the final copy of your thesis.
Guidance on Thesis Titles
- Guidance on Thesis Titles (DOCX 47KB)
- Sample Title Pages (DOCX 17.8KB)
- Request for a change in Thesis Title (DOCX 40.2KB)
Guidance on the Use of Solely or Jointly-Authored Publications Within a Thesis Submission
Instructions to Examiners
Contains details on Good practice guidelines for the conduct of the oral examination, External Examiners undertaking their first UK research degree examination & Process in the event of a disagreement between the examiners.
- External Examiner fees for research degrees (DOCX 32KB)
- Instructions to Examiners for research degree examinations (DOCX 0.1MB)
- Preliminary Report form - First submission (DOC 0.2MB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - PhD First submission (DOC 39.1KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - MPhil First submission (DOCX 34KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - Masters First submission (DOC 34.1KB)
- Preliminary Report form Re-submission (DOC 0.2MB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - PhD Re-submission (DOC 58.5KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - MPhil Re-submission (DOC 50.5KB)
- Joint Examiners Report Form - Masters Re-submission (DOC 49KB)