Transition and Orientation Programme
Our support programme for students joining York St John University who have a visual or hearing impairment or physical disability.
We recognise that if you have a visual or hearing impairment, or a physical disability, you may wish to familiarise yourself with the campus, before you start university.
To support you in joining the York St John community, our Transition and Orientation Programme (TOP) provides you with the opportunity to explore the campus and meet some staff and students, to assist you in feeling confident, as you start your new chapter with us.
The Transition and Orientation Programme will enable you to:
- Access York St John accommodation and campus ahead of the main cohort of students
- Familiarise yourself with our campus, supported by sighted guides
- Meet fellow students
- Meet academic and support staff
- Attend workshops and IT training sessions including Assistive Technology and IT sessions
- Register for our library Accessibility services
- Personalise your timetable, for accessibility.
If you identify on the Autistic Spectrum you may be interested in our Early Start Transition programme.
Transition and Orientation Programme 2021
This year’s programme is scheduled to run from Wednesday 22 to Friday 24 September 2021.
Places on this programme are limited. Please contact us if you would like to be considered for this programme: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arrangements subject to change, according to national government guidance during the Coronavirus pandemic.