Your community, even outside York St John is important to us. For this reason, York St John University has a great working relationship with North Yorkshire Police’s Safer Neighbourhood Policing Team. Staying safe is a priority. The Police Community Support Officers can help you in a number of ways:
- Security mark your property e.g. bicycle/ laptop/ phone to prevent theft
- Aim to reduce antisocial behaviour e.g. increasing patrols in certain areas
- Give you advice on keeping safe
- Meet with you to give you advice on any concerns you may have e.g. safety or a crime related concern.
To pass on any concerns, discuss any issues or more importantly have your say in the way your community is policed, please attend one of our regular drop-in sessions held in either the Holgate Student Centre.
For updates on PCSO drop-in times, ask at the Student Information Desk or keep an eye out on the screens in the Holgate Student Centre
You can also access Police advice by arranging an appointment with the Welfare Adviser first:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask for a Welfare appointment at the Student Information Desk in Holgate Student Centre. T: 01904 876477
- Remember, if you have an urgent matter that you feel requires police attention please call 999. Dial 101 if it is a non-emergency.