|Length of course||
Individual study days
York St John University
|Level & credit||
|Fees & funding||
Funded places are available
|Book Your Place||
- A series of one-day courses which provide opportunities to develop and practice effective communications skills.
- The courses include insight into communication theories and models and provides strategies for a range of contexts where effective communication skills are essential.
- The contexts include meetings, presentations and communicating with difficult people.
- Each course is delivered within a group environment with opportunity to learn and reflect from shared experiences.
Monday 20 March 2017, 9.30am — 4.30pm
Getting Your Voice Heard: Communicating with Difficult People & Offering & Inviting Feedback
Communicating with Difficult People
- Analyse communication breakdowns using insights from Transactional Analysis.
- Explore a range of strategies to communicate with difficult people and people with different styles of communication
Offering and Inviting feedback
- The role of feedback
- Specific methods and strategies for giving and receiving feedback
- The skilful use of questioning
Health and Social Care Professionals
- Develop self-confidence to communicate effectively and assertively in a range of scenarios.
- Extend influence across teams and effectively engage and inspire others.
- Enhance skills to communicate messages clearly and appropriately.
- Enhance leadership engagement and encourage individuals and teams to feel valued and appreciated.
- Ensure teams receive consistent and clear messages so that they feel involved and informed.
- Develop transferable communication skills to enhance relationships with individuals, wider teams and service as a whole.
- Identify practical communication strategies across a range of scenarios.
Rachel Martin A qualified and experienced coach, lecturer and facilitator. A Senior Lecturer at York St John and a Coach in the field of Engaging Leadership. Previously, a lecturer at the University of Hull in areas including Communication, Coaching and Mentoring. A Certified Facilitator for Time To Think (Nancy Kline) and works with organisations to enhance communication and encourage independent thinking.