Library & Learning Services
Your AcademicLiaison Librarians
The Academic Services Team provides support, teaching and training to students in information and digital literacy, and in how to get the most from library resources.
Your Academic Liaison Librarians can help you with:
- Referencing and Reference management
- Finding and evaluating specialist resources, literature, evidence and information
- Accessibility support for library resources
Do you need help with essay writing or critical thinking? Having trouble with an assignment? Want to reflect on assessment feedback? The Study Development Team have self-help resources, 1 to 1 and group tutorials, and workshops, to help you.
- Criminology; Law; Police Studies; Sociology
T: 01904 876699
Mon–Wed 9.00am–5.00pm / Thu 9.00am–12.30pm
- English Literature; Creative Writing; Geography; Media Studies
T: 01904 876228
Mon–Tue 9.00am–5.00pm / Wed 9.00am–12.30pm
- Primary Education; Education Studies; Early Childhood Studies; Children Young People and Families; Youth and Community; Foundation Degrees in Education; Postgraduate Degrees in Education; American Studies; History; Politics; Religion and Philosophy; War Studies; Liberal Arts Foundation Year; Postgraduate Degrees in Theology
T: 01904 876324
- Business; Psychology; Counselling
T: 01904 876105
- Biomedical Science; Occupational Therapy; Physiotherapy; Sport
T: 01904 876424
Tue–Wed 9.30am–5.00pm / Thu–Fri 9.30am–2.30pm
- Languages, Linguistics and TESOL; Fine Art, Photography and Illustration; Design; Music; Music Production; Media Production; Drama, Theatre and Dance; Computer Sciences; Data Science; Mathematics
T: 01904 876170
- Search Success is a tool to get you started with using the library, including evaluating information and referencing.
- Module-specific resources are made available through your online reading lists.
- There are subject-specialist e-resources available for each programme. Choose your course area from the drop-down menu.
- For your own specialist research, we offer unlimited interlibrary loans, at no cost to you, to supplement the resources we hold in the library and via our online subscriptions.
Our Special Collections include the York St John University Historical Archive, the Rees-Williams Collection of Victorian and Edwardian Children’s Books and the post-1945 Theatre Royal Archive (on deposit from York Theatre Royal).