AD1: Making accessible documents
We are happy to lay on additional courses at times to suit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior knowledge: none
Making documents accessible is important for everyone, not just those with visual impairments, hearing impairments and mobility limitations. As well as being best practise, new regulations are coming into force for all websites. Learn how to make PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, Excel Spreadsheets and PDFs accessible in a few easy steps. This course can be customised for different teams or delivered to student groups.
This course includes:
- Adding captions to images
- Controlling the order in which screen readers navigate documents
- Creating accessible tables
- Using colour in documents
- Adding meta-data to documents
- Creating accessible hyperlinks
- Using the built-in accessibility checkers
- Discussion of different formats for accessible documents
- Brief discussion of other YSJ systems
- Key apps for Team based collaborative working including Planner and OneNote
Book via Eventbrite Accessibility Course times and booking . These courses are for students and staff only. If there are no suitable dates for the course that you want then email email@example.com.
Moodle course Digital Accessibility Moodle Training
Useful resource on writing ALT text for images called Poet Training Tool