The Archive is responsible for the management of the University's archive collection, which is material relating to history of the University and personalities and activities associated with it.
There is no public access to the Archive, which is held in Fountains Learning Centre, but if visits are arranged in advance, material can be brought out for viewing. Photocopying is possible by arrangement. Digital photography may be permissible: please check with ILS staff.
Please email email@example.com for further information, to arrange a visit, or to deposit items of interest. Alternatively, please write to us at: Information Learning Services, York St John University, Lord Mayor's Walk, York YO31 7EX.
Please read our Conditions of Use before visiting us.
Collection Development Policy
To strengthen existing collections on the history of the institution and its background, including relevant biographical material and other material relating to the history of education, particularly Church colleges.
Items offered for donation will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- items must be relevant to the history and heritage of the University and its staff and students
- where possible, duplication will be avoided
- the physical condition of items will be assessed before acceptance
- if donations are accepted into the Historical Archive, ownership will pass to the University
- staff retain the right to reject items on grounds of lack of space