RefWorks is a web-based reference management system accessible to any member of York St John University. It is designed to help you easily gather, manage, store and share references and to compile instant citations and bibliographies in a variety of styles. One of the styles available to you in RefWorks is York St John Harvard.
To log on to RefWorks
- Log on to RefWorks
- The first time you use RefWorks you will need to create an account. Click on 'Create account'.
- If you currently use Legacy RefWorks and wish to continue doing so then use the following link to log on: Log on to Legacy RefWorks.
- If you’d like to move from Legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks then it is possible to import your references. Start by creating a New RefWorks account and then watch the help video to show you how to import your references. NB/ If you already have documents with references in them created using Write-N-Cite, you will need to retain your legacy account in order to edit them.
- If you are unsure about whether to move from Legacy RefWorks to New RefWorks then please contact your Academic Liaison Librarian who will be happy to discuss it with you.
- If you are leaving York St John then you can retain access to your RefWorks account as an Alumni. Before you leave you will need to go into your account settings, change your role to 'Alumni' and change your York St John email address to a personal email address.
Using Write-N-Cite off campus
- If you are using your own version of Word on your off-campus PC you will need to download Write-N-Cite from your RefWorks account.
- Information on downloading Write-N-Cite is available in our 10 Days of New RefWorks guide.