Browser does not support script.


Apply from inside the UK

If you join us from another UK institution or are applying for a visa extension, you will be applying for leave to remain.

How to apply

We will handle your leave to remain application. You will meet with an advisor to prepare your application form and have your documents checked. You will need to bring the following items to your visa appointment:

  • Passport and any previous visa(s)
  • Original academic certificates (and any relevant translations)
  • Two new UK-style passport photos (these can be taken at a UK photo booth and must be less than 1 month old)
  • Police registration certificate (if applicable)
  • Bank statements that show you have £9,135 in maintenance funds and the money to pay any unpaid tuition fees. This money must be held in your account for at least 28 consecutive days and the balance end date can’t be more than 30 days old.

You will need your credit or debit card to pay:

  • Immigration Health Surcharge, £300 per year of study (at July 2019).
  • The visa application fee. There are three service options:
    • Standard service £475
    • Priority service £952
    • Premium service £1,085
    • Super priority service £10,500.

Once your form is complete, all payments have been made and the University advisor has approved your documents we’ll send your application to the Home Office. You will need to pay £5 cash for Royal Mail Special Delivery.

For more information about applying for Tier 4 Leave to Remain, please see the UK Visas & Immigration website.

UKCISA (UK Council for International Student Affairs)

Students seeking advice about their in-UK applications can also contact the UKCISA helpline.

The helpline is open Monday to Friday from 1.00pm to 4.00pm.

UKCISA Helpline number: 0207 1079922 (from within the UK only)

The UKCISA website also provides helpful and up-to-date information for international students.

Important Advisory for International Students: Fraud and Scams

Unfortunately, there are individuals who seek to exploit international students who are trying to study in the UK. Go to the Home Office website to find useful information about what to watch out for.

Any questions?

If you have questions about leave to remain, get in touch.

Cookie Settings