We are excited to have you study with us at York St John University. We understand that it may be a stressful time, and there may seem like there's a lot to do. To help you, we have a pre-arrival checklist. Print out a copy and work your way through it.
Download the Pre-Arrival Checklist (PDF, 73KB)
- Accept your offer to study at York St John University.
- Apply for your visa or confirm arrangements for your student visitor visa (if applicable). More information on visas.
Check your passport. Confirm it is valid and does not expire within 6 months of your arrival.
Arrange medical, dental, and travel insurance if applicable. Make sure you find out what cover you may need whilst you study here.
Ensure you have cash (in Pounds Sterling) to live on for a few weeks. Opening a UK bank account can take some time, as well as most public transport only accepting cash. We recommend that you carry no more than £500 in cash for your safety.
- Ensure you have looked at the First Few Days webpage and know when you will attend your Welcome Week sessions.
- Confirm you have accessed your academic Welcome Week Timetable on the Student Homepage and know which academic sessions you should attend.
- Complete Online Enrolment. Follow the instructions on your enrolment e-mail and log on to e-vision to enrol online prior to arriving.
Plan your journey. Look at the travelling to York pages and plan how to get to the university. If you arrive at Manchester airport, book a place on our collection service by completing the Airport Collection Form.
Tell your family/friends/loved ones how you will contact them upon arrival in the UK. Let them know you have arrived safely, and how the journey was. Also confirm who to contact in case of an emergency.