- Assignment Survival Kit Developed by Staffordshire University, this guide helps you plan and prepare your assignment.
- Center for Independent Language Learning Click the link, then scroll to "Essays".
- Prepare for Success Click the link, then click "Academic writing".
- Essay Map This website helps you prepare a basic essay plan.
Writing a Business report
- A Guide to writing Business reports from Wollongong University
Developing your academic writing
- Essays, Reports & Dissertations A study guide on the Reading University Website.
- Writing for a Purpose This excellent site helps you write the right way for your subject.
- Academic Writing A study guide on the Reading University Website.
- Uni Learning This site, from Wollongong University in Australia, helps you develop academic writing skills.
- Andy Gillet's UEFAP site for academic students.
- 200 Best Writing Tools and Resources Every Student Needs Collection of useful tools and resources for students.
Grammar and spelling
- Spelling: help from Oxford dictionaries
- Purdue Writing Lab an excellent online writing service for students
This page from the International TESL Journal gives you a really useful list of sites about writing for general and academic purposes.
This Academic Writing App is for both Android and iPhone.
- Bailey, S. (2015) Academic Writing: A Handbook for International Students (Fourth Edition). London; New York: Routledge. This book is an excellent guide for academic writing and well worth owning if your English is at IELTS level 6.0/6.5 or higher.
- The Longman Language Activator See Dictionaries
- Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary with CD-ROM Click "see inside" and choose Presentation. Look at the iWriter (on the CD) - very helpful.